Pages

Friday 15 November 2019

Maniakalani Film Festival

Maniakalani Film Festival
Today we was North-lands first time have a film festival. Although I was not part of the film selected for viewing  I was pulled out of a hat to go and view all of the movies. There were eight schools that were in it and each school had two movies each movie was 2-5 minutes long, so in total it was about 25 minutes of movies. It was hosted at Teahu center. The journey from school was about 45 minutes there and back. But I was occupied playing with the person sitting next to me, Isaiah. Once we got there there was a red carpet with the golden bars next to them, it was  like Hollywood. Once we entered the building we were taken into the theater, we were taken to a row an I was right in the perfect place. Each movie was amazing to watch, I loved them all. We were getting ready to go but then I noticed one of my old teachers which was quite interesting. On the way back to school we passed MacDonald's and an ice cream store, as much as the kids begged, the teachers didn't listen.


I feel like this was a great opportunity for kids of ages ranging from 9-12 to get a chance at movie making, I feel that movie making inspires creativity and can create wonderful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment