Pages

Friday 27 September 2019

Pet Day



Pet Day
On the 24th of September it was pet day so, yesterday, we had Pet Day. Pet day at Oruaiti school is wonderful. We had a few game, lots of food(Nachos, cakes, hot chips, sausages and more) and lots of pets.

 There were many different animals like dogs, chickens and lambs. For the dogs, they had to complete a lap of the hall and try do a trick, but they were a bit shy, the winner for the dog competition was Camryn, her dog was also the best cared for. For the chickens I'm not sure what they were judged for but I know that they did the healthiest, one of my friends one the competition for the chickens, her names Kaylee and her chickens called Floppy, she's so cute(the chicken by the way). The lambs were the main attraction though, they walked in circles and had to dress up, one person for the dress up part swapped with the sheep, so the sheep was wearing an Oruaiti school uniform and the kid was wearing a lamb costume, and once again Camryn won first, she dressed it up as a fire man and the lamb as a fire truck.

 After that was finished we had lunch time, I ate some hot chips and drank lemonade. Later on in the day my mum, brother and grandparents came along. We walked in and out of classes looking at their art, some classes had incredible stuff. My class did cubby hole diarames, landscape painting, birds out of cut out pieces of paper and vegetable animals. For the vegetable animals I didn't have anything so I had to use kiwi fruit from the class fruit basket, it actually turned out pretty well. And that concludes what happened.

Please ask if you have anything you would like me to specify.

Here are some photos:





2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlie, it is Molly here from Grey Main school.
    I would love to have pet day at our school. I would either bring one of my lambs or a chicken. I like the way that you have added pictures to show the animals. I see that the show was on the basketball caught. I don't think the basketball coaches would be happy about that.
    Blog u later
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Charlie its Shilah here at Grey Main school I am a year 7 this is a really cool post I dont think we have ever had a pet day before i would like to.

    ReplyDelete